Friday, December 30, 2016

Good husband syndrome

Working through my hectic work schedule which includes weekend work, I have small breakdown this past month.

I just collapse and break down over phone with husband dearest while I was in office at 9 pm and still see 3 hours of work ahead. This on a Saturday!!!!

He was supportive and said do not worry I'll make dinner and you wind up fast.

What bothered me more was how he was fine with me not coming home soon on Saturday and supported me while I had my dramatic breakdown so far saying should I wait in your parking while you complete your work.

That is when I discovered I had very clinically dangerous Good husband syndrome, a husband who understand my work and my need for personal life and let me have it. Does not ask with what I do with my money.

These new breed husband's who are actually good do lot of harm to their wives. Their support makes wives depressed, and guilt ridden. This self guilt is what would make an already crazy women go extra crazy and take on lot of work household or otherwise.

While the world was suffering and not suffering with all good and bad things, I was suffering through good husband syndrome. That is burdening me more than I think off. Making me pray for husband who orders me like 19th century indian husband to do this do that and alas he refuses.

He says why should I be bad because you can't rid of your misery.

We work sometimes , at times work is hectic, yet people in our life are what pulls us together. As this year passed I knew one thing, I'm for life diagnosed with good husband syndrome.

1 comment:

  1. Heart warming read ! It's in these moments of hardship that you realize how strong of a bond with your partner is & how they will count on you too ! Here's to lifelong companionships . Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete